Spiritual Meaning of Balloons
What’s the first thing that comes to mind when we think of organizing a party? Balloons! It doesn’t matter whether it’s a birthday celebration or the mark of an anniversary; an office farewell or a surprise party to celebrate a promotion. Balloons manage to find their way into every occasion and look just perfect too.
Why do we put balloons – to exemplify our joy and cheer at the occasion? But is there any other hidden meaning behind these colorful inflated balls? Do they lend another insight, perhaps a spiritual one, into the whole purpose behind using them? Indeed. Here we look at the spiritual meaning of balloons and also throw light at the possible interpretation of balloon dreams.
Spiritual Meaning of Balloons
Balloons definitely symbolize much more than just elation. Here are some of the deeper meanings of balloons at a more spiritual level –
- Balloons represent our aims, objectives and dreams in life. They are directly symbolic of what we aspire to achieve in life. We may not always be aware but our balloons fly in ways and at a pace that we would like our lives to fly in order to reach our realize our ambitions.
- Balloons most often reflect the strong urge from within to let go – let go of our fears, sorrows, and our past. If you notice, a balloon filled with air cuts off its ties to the earth and soars high up in the sky in a jiffy. If we look at balloon symbolism in this regard,this is exactly how we feel after blowing up balloons and leaving them in the sky.There’s an instant sense of letting go of our past and all that’s been holding us back from living life to the fullest.
- Balloons are also symbolic of freedom and independence, and it doesn’t always have to be freedom from our bondages. It could also be the freedom or relief experienced after successfully attaining our goals, in which sense it’d mean freedom from stress.
What Do Balloons Symbolize When They Appear in Dreams?
Ever dreamt of a balloon in any form when you’re in deep sleep? It could be an inflated or deflated version, a colorful balloon, or just a dream about you doing something with the balloon. Interestingly, all of these dream aspects do have some common linkages which are interpreted to mean different things to different people.
If you too are interested in knowing what balloon symbolism each of these dreams represents, keep reading this section.
- To dream of you holding a balloon in hand – It is symbolic of your ambitions in life, more precisely that your goals weren’t realized in the exact manner expected.
- To dream of a stranger holding a balloon –If the person holding the balloon in the dream is someone other than you and unknown too, it means that your goal realization is likely to be delayed than expected.
- To dream of balloons at a birthday celebration – These are generally symbolic of your love life and what it holds for you. It also says that just like birthdays, this specific too brings a reason in your life to rejoice about.
- To dream of a balloon soaring high – What do balloons symbolize in your dream when you see them rising up high? Well, it’s a favorable sign of good times coming ahead and that your life is finally kicking off in the desirable direction.
- To dream of a hot air balloon that’s crashing – Such a dream is an indicator that you have set some unrealistic targets for yourself in life. Just like the hot air balloon, your ambitions may soar high at first but may soon crash because they aren’t realistic in nature.
- To dream of water balloons – What is the spiritual meaning of balloons that are filled with water? They burst. This is also the case with our emotions if left suppressed deep within or not dealt with at the right time. They would flare up eventually in harmful ways and result in an unexpected outburst. Probably a foreteller of the possible outcome of repressed feelings and time to deal with them before they “pop out”.
Color Balloon Symbolism in Dreams
What happens when you dream of balloons in specific colors? Let’s take a look.
- You dream of a red color balloon – Just like the color red, a red-hued balloon in your dream is also symbolic of passion. In other words, it represents our intimate relationships with our beloved.
- You dream of a pink balloon – This is often representative of your relationships with others around you, reminding you of the need to be more open and caring towards other people in your network. Note that if you dream of a flying pink balloon, it’s an indicator that your soul is on a more adventurous quest in life.
- You dream of a blue balloon – Blue balloons are a symbol of peace. They may not necessarily reflect the already-existing peace in your life though, but indicate the need to bring about truce in stressful situations as early as possible. It may serve as a reminder that it’s time to re-evaluate certain thought patterns and approaches to restore peace around.
- You dream of a black balloon – You’re more likely to dream of one when you’re going through a tough phase in life, perhaps depression. However, there’s something good to look forward to in such dreams. It assures you of good times ahead and you can continue holding your head up high.
- You dream of a white balloon – Where black balloons represent a grim situation in life, white is just the opposite. Dreaming of white balloons is symbolic of major spiritual growth, perhaps a foreteller of the attainment of enlightenment soon!
So we see these simple inflatable pieces of joy could mean so much more, especially when they appear in your dream. To interpret these dreams more personally, maybe you could take a closer look at other aspects of the dream too.