Have you ever closed your eyes for a few minutes during the day to shut your mind off from the marathon of work? If you haven't, you should try it! It is the closest to what we call 'bliss'. Now imagine doing this for 10-15 minutes every single day – deliberately shutting yourself out consciously. You would have no idea what this simple action can do for your mind until you experience the joy of meditation using this full moon meditation script.
Meditation is a spiritual practice that has gained immense popularity across the world with its existence dating back centuries. Often the practice, simply involves just closing your eyes and experiencing the joys that unfold – relaxation of the mind and body and a boost in physical and mental energy that knows no bounds.
What is Full Moon Meditation?
Practicing meditation for 15 minutes daily can bring immense physical, mental and emotional health benefits. The power of this technique grows massively, especially on full moon nights with no scientific explanation apparent. A full moon occurs towards the end of each monthly lunar cycle (when the moon gradually grows the whole month until it becomes full). Likewise, our own thought patterns, habits and the energies that surround them also tend to reach their climax in sync with the full moon.
How Does This Meditation Help?
The moon cycles every month are known to enhance an individual's ability to discover and express the 'real self’s'. They also serve as a spiritual tool to help let go of the old and make way for the new. Practicing meditation on the night of a full moon night allows individuals to tap into an extremely powerful natural source, which can help one begin life from a fresh, clearer perspective and make new inroads into success. Its also an excellent time to release all negative thoughts and energy that envelops the mind and pulls you back from manifesting your dreams and aspirations.
How To Prepare For Full Moon Meditation:
- Think about things in your life that you would really like to change. It is important to be clear in your mind and honest to yourself about what you want to let go and to be healed deep within. You can even make a list of all the item(s) which you aren't consciously happy about – habits, repetitive thoughts or behavioural patterns.
- Make a list of the people you wish to forgive for the hurt they may have caused (either knowingly or otherwise). You can go as far into the past as you would like and look for people/relationships that you would like to let go of.
- The best time to practice this meditation is on the night of a full moon. If possible, outside right under the moonlight.
- You may like to light a candle or incense sticks to get into the mood. For some people, it works to keep their lists with them during the meditation and at the end, tear them up and burn them with the candle as a symbol of letting go.
- It is possible to sit on a chair or on a large cushion if you are not comfortable directly on the floor. Remember to choose a place that you are unlikely to be disturbed or distracted.
Free Guided Full Moon Meditation Script
- Close your eyes and take a few slow and deep breaths in and out.
- Become aware yet comfortable with the space around you. Become aware of your entire body – feel your body weight on the floor or chair that you are sitting on. Feel the position of your hands as they rest in your lap or by your sides. Be in the moment and let go of all thoughts.
- Continue to inhale and exhale while relaxing your face and jaw as you do so. Let your muscles relax and let go of all the worries and tasks that have been holding you down. Focus on being in a present state of mind and placing your trust in the glowing light and powerful energy emanated by the full moon.
- As you become aware of each body part, look for specific areas of tension or pain that you may experience. Observe them and continue to breathe.
- Imagine a powerful white and silver beam shining down on the top of your head. Allow your entire being to become soaked up by the pure and serene energy of this loving light.
- Slowly start thinking of what you want to let go of in life. Let those thoughts stay in your mind for a moment. Alternatively, you can imagine them in the form of a color or object floating before you.
- Now say this in your mind or aloud if you wish – "I release you under the light of this sacred and magical full moon. I no longer need what does not serve or empower me." While you say so, imagine all the undesirable things, habits, people, behaviors, and thought patterns disappearing in the full and powerful gleam of the moon.
- Now say this in your mind:
Now say this in your mind:
I release this unworthiness
I release this doubt
I release this fear and anger
I release resentment
I release judgment
I release envy and comparisons
I release relationships that do not serve me
I release toxic people and situations
Imagine each of these things being released from your life and getting absorbed by the light of the full moon through its powerful deep-cleansing potential. Feel light and relaxed as you let go.
This guided full moon meditation script is designed to aid your meditation, where it will become more impactful with regular practice. Its blissful benefits may not always be clear the first try, but as you continue to practice, it will gradually get better over time.