Yoga blankets are extremely versatile and can be used for several purposes. You could spread it on your yoga mat for additional comfort or use it as a bolster to support various parts of your body while performing difficult yoga poses such as ‘Savasana’ or the Death pose and ‘Ardha Chakrasana’ or the Half Wheel pose. Doing this helps relieve tension in the body and lets you focus on your breathing and your inner energies.
Without the necessary support, performing yoga poses becomes extremely uncomfortable and strenuous. Moreover, since the area of discomfort varies, there had to be a single solution, and what could be better than a soft yoga blanket made by Pure Country Weavers with 8 miles of pure cotton. Along with that, I have also reviewed 4 other yoga blanketsthat can be folded and manipulated to bolster, support, and cushion various parts of your body.
Our Overall Favorite
- We Ship Same Day: All orders placed before 2pm cst. ship the same day with 2-Day FedEx Express Shipping - We ship our yoga blankets directly from our American warehouse located In Alabama. All blankets are shipped 2-Day FedEx Express
- Hand Made Cotton Yoga Blankets: Made with naturally friendly 100 % clean new cotton. The vibrantly colored blankets will add beauty to any room
- Blanket Size & Weight: Blankets are 80 inches by 60 inches long. If folded by length will cover a typical yoga mat or folded by length and then by width twice will make a perfect mediation cushion. Blankets will also fit nicely on a twin bed. Weight is approximately 3.2 ponds but may fluctuate from color to color.
Why Use a Yoga Blanket?
Unlike other yoga props, yoga blankets are extremely flexible and can be used in many ways. You can roll it up and sit on it just like you do on a yoga block while doing the sitting poses. This is particularly useful for those who have a tight lower back, hips, and thighs — regular yoga flexes the body but until then, you need to provide support and comfort to those areas. Yoga blankets can provide great comfort, while your body continues to readjust to specific yoga poses.
How To Choose The Best Yoga Blanket
As you begin your search for the best yoga blanket, you need to look for certain specific traits to get the most out of your purchase. While certain yoga blankets are made from soft fabrics and can easily be used as a bolster, there are others that are designed for outdoor yoga enthusiasts. So, depending on how you plan to use the yoga blanket, you need to choose the material, size, and pattern of the blanket.
- Best Gift Ever: Stand out from the crowd and give the gift that will last a lifetime. Your friends and family will appreciate you for the quality they see in the blanket. This is a Woven Heirloom.
- Versatile: Use the blanket as a throw for the couch, as a full or queen size bed topper, or as a wall tapestry to hang on your wall as Fine Art. This is a great big comforting art piece that can be used everywhere.
- Cotton: Woven from a mixture of virgin and recycled environmentally friendly cotton. The blanket will get softer with every wash. This blanket is like a comforting pair of blue jeans.
Show some personality as you flaunt this yoga blanket from Pure Cotton Weavers, which comes with exquisite Native American design. Besides its stylish appearance, it is also highly absorbent as it is woven from over 8 miles of cotton. Now that makes it perfect for those long and sweaty hot yoga sessions. This yoga blanket measures a generous 54 by 72 inches, which is a decent size. It’s big enough to be spread on a yoga mat and soft enough to be rolled into a bolster that you can sit on and exercise.
- Soft and Absorbent texture.
- Made from 100% cotton.
- Weighs only 2.2 lbs.
- It is 54 inches in width and 72 inches in height.
- Manufactured in the USA.
- HANDMADE PREMIUM MEXICAN BLANKET: Our serape and baja blankets are cozy, practical, and full of vibrant colors to add joy wherever you take them. Each Aztec blanket is unique, woven by local artisans in Tlaxcala, Mexico on a traditional wooden loom.
- THE PERFECT YOGA BLANKET: Take this high-quality Mexican blanket to your yoga practice. Super soft, breathable, and easy to carry - choose your colors and mix for your workouts!
- VERSATILE & STYLISH: Perfect for every adventure, these Mexican blankets are your go-to blanket for yoga, picnics, long summer nights, or to cuddle in while relaxing at home!
Stick to your resolve of leading an eco-friendly lifestyle with this elegant yoga blanket by Benevolence, which is entirely made from recycled materials. Unlike the cork yoga block, this isn’t heavy but can be a wonderful replacement for those who wish to head to work, straight from the yoga studio. You can roll it up and sit on it or use it for support, which eliminates the need to carry bulky yoga blocks in your bag. As this yoga blanket is handwoven, it is soft and lightweight, which makes it easy to tuck into your bag. You could choose from over ten classy patterns that are exclusively designed in California, to suit the American lifestyle and preferences.
- Made from 100% recycled material.
- Large and expands up to 65 by 40 inches.
- Designed in California and manufactured in Mexico.
- Weighs only 2.2 lbs. which makes it easy to carry around.
- Ideal for beach yoga.
Falsa Yoga Blanket by El Paso Designs
- TRADITIONAL HAND-MADE QUALITY: Carefully crafted by Mexican artisans located in Tlaxcala, Mexico, each tassel is individually hand-tied to produce a high-quality authentic Mexican Yoga Blanket. These blankets are soft, thick, and available in a wide variety of vivid colors.
- MEASUREMENTS & MATERIALS: Our authentic Mexican yoga blanket measures approximately 51 x 74 inches and is woven from a blend of soft environmentally friendly recycled fibers.
- MULTIPLE USES: Improve your yoga practice with our Falsa blanket for use over your yoga mat as a yoga blanket, yoga bolster, or meditation blanket. This blanket can be used indoors/outdoors and is ideal for the beach, camping, picnics, a twin bedspread, southwestern throw, accent throw, saddle blanket, home decor, car seat covers, or outdoor blanket.
Big adieu to painful shins and knees with the Falsa yoga blanket by El Paso designs, which makes an awesome yoga prop that you can carry around effortlessly. The most striking feature of this yoga blanket is its loose-stitch design, which makes it convenient to fold and compress it. Although it is made from acrylic, its soft like cotton and can be easily squeezed. So much that you could spread it on your car’s seat while you drive to the yoga studio and then roll it up and use it as a bolster under your knee. This yoga blanket comes with stylish tassels and offers over eighteen color options, but my favorite would be the cool mint blue colored blanket.
- Made from 100% Acrylic
- Loose stitch design
- Measures 51 by 74 inches
- Lightweight at 2.01 lbs.
- Made in Mexico
Deluxe Cotton Yoga Blanket by Kakaos
This super comfy hand-loomed yoga blanket by Kakaos is a treat for outdoor yoga enthusiasts. Its tight weave resists dust accumulation, while the cotton fabric gives you a nice soft and comfortable feel. As it is made from cotton and is tightly woven, washing it in the machine is much easier and hassle-free. It comes without the tassels and other decorations, which makes it perfect for those who prefer a simplistic design. Moreover, you can choose from eight simple yet elegant colors that appear to be exclusively designed for outdoor enthusiasts.
- Made from 100% clean and natural cotton.
- Weighs approximately 3.5 lbs.
- Size is 60 by 80 inches.
- Made in India.
- Tight weave helps resist dust accumulation.
Thick Yoga Blanket by Open Road Goods
- Cotton - Acrylic - Polyester blend, much more durable than a standard Mexican Falsa blanket
- Extra Large (XL) size: approx 78" x 52" Thick in comparison to a traditional Mexican Blanket.
- Machine Washable. Gets softer after each wash!
Wine and women get better with time, but there’s also something else that’s designed to function in a similar manner. The thick yoga blanket by Open Road goods is a thick handwoven beauty that only gets softer with each wash. It is carefully designed with a blend of cotton, acrylic, and polyester that together make it an absolute beauty that’s hard to resist. Its 74 by 54 dimensions make it perfect to be used as an overlay on your mat, while its fabrics make it easier to roll it up and squeeze it under your limbs for support.
- Made from a blend of cotton, acrylic, and polyester.
- The weave is thicker than that of the Falsa blankets.
- Weighs only 1.9 lbs.
- Suitable for indoor and outdoor use.
- Handwoven product from Mexico.
The abovementioned yoga blankets are designed to minimize the pressure and tension that your body goes through while performing yoga poses. If you live in cold regions or are an outdoor enthusiast, then I recommend using the Deluxe cotton yoga blanket. However, if you live in warmer regions or are looking for something soft that you can use for support, then you need a yoga blanket made from cotton. In this case, try the yoga blanket manufactured by Pure Country Weavers.
Always remember that owning a yoga blanket is far more hygienic than using your regular blankets because you are bound to sweat on it. You sure don’t want your family to be using your sweaty blankets and therefore, we recommend investing in a yoga blanket. You must know that the abovementioned yoga blankets are made from special fabrics, which means that you can wash them more frequently. However, use the gentle washing mode, and avoid using the dryer to dry it up. If you have no choice, then keep the dryer’s heating as low as possible.