Balancing Table Pose
What is Balancing Table Pose:
Balancing Table Pose, as the name refers, is a balancing pose. It helps lengthen and strengthen your spine and improves focus and concentration.
Basics of Balancing Table Pose:
- Hip flexors
Benefits of Balancing Table Pose
Balancing Table Pose lengthens and strengthens your spine, tones your core and glutes and sculpts the shoulders. This pose also sharpens your focus and concentrartion.It improves balance both mentally and physically
How to do Balancing Table Pose
Step by Step instructions.
- Start with your hands and knees on the mat, on all fours. Your hand should be folder width apart and your knees should be a hips-width distance apart.
- Look down between your hands and spread your fingers wide.
- Extend your right hand towards the short, top edge of your mat so that your arm is parallel with the long edge.
- Extend your left leg behind you, flexing your toes towards your face.
- Engage your core by pulling your belly button up and in.
- Switch Sides
- Looking forward instead of down
- Not engaging your core
- Forgetting to breath
- Dont hold your breath
- Focus on one spot between your hands
- Start by staying for a few breaths and increase your time little by little
- When your fall out, get right back in
- Injury to knees, kneck, wrists
- You can use a rolled up towel or blanket under your knees or wrists
- Matching your breath to movement, you can bring your elbow to knee and extend out again